Monday, June 04, 2007

The Big Day...

The big day has finally arrived at our house. As most of you know, Aidyn has been growing her hair out to donate to Locks of Love. She's been asking for awhile now when she can get it cut off. I've been the one holding off because I knew it would be kind of emotional for me. Well, we decided today was just as good of a day as any other. So away we went!
Here she is before the big cut! (In case you're wondering, you need 10 inches of hair in a ponytail in order to donate.)

Measuring where to cut...

Look at all that hair!!!!

Now it's time for a new hair style.



A view so you can see the back.

Adorable...


I couldn't be any prouder of my little girl. She was so excited to do this and was so brave when we got it cut. When we got in the car afterwards she said "Some little girl is sure going to be happy to get my hair!" I know she is right. I feel so lucky to have such a sweet, caring, giving daughter. And she's only 4! Oh sorry, 4 1/2 (she'd want me to get that straight!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aidyn, you are beautiful and what a sweetheart to donate your hair. I am so proud of you and I love you new "do".

Allee said...

Daisy says, "That's so cool! I want to play with her sometime with her hair like that!"

Tammy said...

Aidyn,
You are a very brave, generous sweetheart! Way to go!! We're proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Aidyn...that's AWESOME!!! I'm so impressed -- what a wonderful thing to do! (Plus, you look SOOO much older with your new haircut!) ;-)