Monday, November 19, 2007

Gamers

Anyone who knows me could tell you that I'm not much of a "gamer". I don't hate games, they are just not my favorite choice of activity. My children on the other hand have come to love playing games. So being the adaptable mother that I am, I've actually instituted game night at our house. Every Tuesday night we have pizza and play games until bedtime. Of course they still like to play games every day and I can't tell you how thrilled I am about the latest development in this area. Nolan is finally old enough to play games with Aidyn unassisted! They get everything set up, play the game (usually without much conflict) and have a great time! Plus it is so cute to hear them cheering each other on "Good job Nolan!" "Yeah Aidyn!" I love it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where you got that no gamer thing from. Hummmmmmm, maybe it was inherited. Nice to see the kids playing so nicely while you watch your soaps.

KJ said...

Yes mom, I believe it was inherited. I actually had a reference to that in my post, but took it out as I didn't want to point fingers. But...well...I'll go ahead and point fingers anyway. Also, don't forget I like to eat bon-bons while I watch my soaps. What are bon-bons anyway??? Are they like the yester-year version of truffles?

jilldaisbrenne said...

Candy Land may be the death of me...seriously, we are in major need of new games for Christmas or else I will loss my mind at Gumdrop Pass!

The Tamarac Naturalists said...

It's Tuesday and unfortunately I love Pizza and I can't get there in time for game nite. Can I have a "rain check?"

Uncle Craig

Anonymous said...

You might have to push bed time back a little bit now that Aidyn knows how to play dominos!!! And I don't think any of us really believe that you don't know what bon-bons are!!! lol

Cody

Anonymous said...

I am shocked you are not a gamer? Next you will say you don't like jello! Shananigans I say!!

Keith