Sunday, December 02, 2007

The week after Thanksgiving we spent a few days in ND at my parents place. The kids got to help chase cows, move haystacks and they made a new friend...One of the neighbor's cats came over to visit and the kids just loved it! Both kids were all over that cat and he was such a nice kitty. He just played and played with them.

Another activity they got to take part in is a traditional game with my dad. I remember doing it when I was a kid and I know my brothers did it too. Dad refers to it as "Dodge Pillow". Here is the gist of the game: The kids run as fast as they can through the living room and dad sits in his recliner and throws a pillow at the kids' legs as they run by. The kids try to dodge the pillow. If they fail, the pillow trips them up and they hit the floor. Sounds like a good time huh? The kids loved it and were already asking if they can play it again at Christmas time.

Here is the pillow tosser at work....

1 comment:

jilldaisbrenne said...

The game looks fun... maybe a bit dangerous... better pillows than say the cat, I guess!

And, maybe a cat should be the christmas present to the kids. They look like they loved it so!!