Tuesday, February 03, 2009

You did what?!?

I made butter. Yes, I did. OK, it's super easy so don't give me too much credit. I had some cream in the fridge that I needed to do something with since we don't go through too much cream in our house. Basically this is all you do. Get out your mixer. Pour in the cream and turn that baby on. I put plastic wrap over it so the cream doesn't splash everywhere. I had it on medium-high speed for about 7 minutes or so.
Let it go until the butter separates from the liquid. Strain the liquid off (save it to use as buttermilk!)
Smash it around to bring it all together and Viola! Fresh, homemade butter!

Super easy and kind of fun!

4 comments:

Danette said...

Wow, is it super yummy? Now let us see what you are going to do with that buttermilk!

jilldaisbrenne said...

I think you may be the real pioneer woman!

Anonymous said...

What took longer, mixing the cream of dusting off the mixer so you could use it?

Troy

Anonymous said...

What a pioneer woman you would of made. The covered wagon I am not so sure of. Good job there Kj.