Monday, March 23, 2009

She's growing up...

Aidyn has been asking for a while to get her ears pierced. I told her that she could get it done whenever she wanted as long as she was sure she was ready. We discussed the procedure (at length...) and she has gone back & forth about doing it because she was afraid of the pain. She recently decided that she was old enough to handle it and was ready to get them pierced. Well, today was the day!
Here she is getting ready...'Mom! I'm not so sure!!!'
And just like that, it was done. She is so proud of her new earrings and of how brave she was. No tears at all, just a little nervousness.
My little girl is growing up...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aidyn, I love your earrings. How neat is that!! How great that you were so brave. I knew you could do it. Yea Aidyn!!!!!! XOXO

jilldaisbrenne said...

Aidyn - I'm getting my ears pierced for my 6th birthday. Was it scarey? Were you startled by the loud noise? When I visit you this summer we will both have earrings. Cool.
Love Campbelle

Anastasia said...

I can't believe you didn't make her play organ in church for a year first....liberal parents! :)

Anonymous said...

What a big girl!!

Anonymous said...

Aidyn, You're earrings look very pretty just like you. Love, Shirley

Debra said...

Aidyn...I have been wanting to get my ears pierced ever since I was 5 and I remember Kimberly got her ears pierced when we were at your house for Norlan's Birthday. I hope I do not have to wait for my Golden Birthday. Miss You Aidyn...McKayla

Lisa said...

Oh Aidyn! Your new earings look sooo pretty! Just right for a pretty sweet girl!!!