Monday, January 15, 2007

I've been in the dark

I think I've lived a pretty good life so far. I've had some fun experiences, met some nice people, seen some cool things. But after a trip to the grocery store today I've come to realize that I have been missing out. I was walking down the ice cream isle. (Bad idea, I know...) and I saw that Edy's ice cream was on sale. I stopped to gawk and I spotted something that looked interesting. They have this ice cream called Spumoni. "What is that?" I thought. So I pulled one out to look at it. As I'm reading it this lady comes along and says "Oh Spumoni is my FAVORITE! I could eat the whole container by myself. Oh, and it's on sale, what a great price." So she grabs one and puts it in her cart. By this time, I'm sold. I have to try this stuff.
Here's the description: Inspired by the Italian classic! We bring you this unique combination of rich chocolate, spumoni with juicy fruits and almonds and pistachio ice creams.
As soon as we get home and I get the kids upstairs for quiet time, I dig in. Oh My Lord...it is delicious! Now surely others of you out there have tried this. Why did no one tell me??? Well, I am telling those of you that haven't tried it, if you come across it, buy some for yourself. You are worth it. I'd offer to share mine the next time you stop by, but I doubt there will be any left by tonight.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hmmmmm....I might have to try it.

Allee said...

It actually doesn't sound that good, but I'll take your word for it and give it a try. I'll be over later. . .

jilldaisbrenne said...

ok.... what kind of WW spokesperson are you!! I tried it... I was walking down that isle - why, I'm not sure but I was - and sure enough, there it was, on sale too (just as you stated). So I tried it... and it's good. First time for me too.

So now I'll add that to my ever growing list of 'Things I now Like, that I should have just left alone".... like Almond Joys, and full fat yogurt, and (trust me the list goes on and one)