Tuesday, January 30, 2007
1. I kind of enjoyed childbirth. Don't get me wrong, the pain was terrible and if I hadn't had epidurals, I might be singing a different tune. But through all that, I was so excited both times to see my baby and find out if I was having a boy or a girl, I really didn't mind the process.
2. I have a real texture problem with food. I can't stomach anything slimy. Tomatoes make me gag because of the slimy seed stuff in the middle. Kiwi & cucumbers do the same. I only like baby pickles because the big pickles are too mushy in the middle.
3. I count letters in words and see what the word is divisible by. Example word: "Group" I do this in my head: gr, ou, pg, ro, up. Then I do this: gro, upg, rou, pgr, oup. I have to keep doing it until I get the letters to come out even. 6 letter words are my favorite because they divide nicely. See what I mean about OCD?
4. I do something similar with numbers. When I see a number, I use each of the numbers to see how high I can count by using them. Example number: 125 Here's what goes on in my head: 1, 2, 5-2=3, 5-1=4, 5, 5+1=6, 5+2=7, 1+2+5=8, (5x2=10)10-1=9, 2x5=10, (2x5=10)10+1=11
5. I hate messy condiment bottles. You know when you open the cover to the ketchup and there is that dried ketchup "skin"on top. I hate that. Ketchup, mustard, dressing, any of those things need to be free and clear of goop.
So there you go, those are about as weird as they get. I am now tagging Allison to share her weirdness with the world.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
It took me less than 2 hours. I did it today during nap time/quiet time. It was actually pretty easy, except for all those dumb vents & pipes in my way. Fancy-schmancy suburban dwellers with their heated homes and running water. Aurghhh!
Monday, January 22, 2007
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Monday, January 15, 2007
Here's the description: Inspired by the Italian classic! We bring you this unique combination of rich chocolate, spumoni with juicy fruits and almonds and pistachio ice creams.
As soon as we get home and I get the kids upstairs for quiet time, I dig in. Oh My Lord...it is delicious! Now surely others of you out there have tried this. Why did no one tell me??? Well, I am telling those of you that haven't tried it, if you come across it, buy some for yourself. You are worth it. I'd offer to share mine the next time you stop by, but I doubt there will be any left by tonight.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
After we got done eating the kids made their way out onto the dance floor to shake their behinds to some fun music.
Here they are really showing off their moves!
Friday, January 12, 2007
Monday, January 08, 2007
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Monday, January 01, 2007
What is wrong with this picture???
That looks better....
Aidyn & Grandpa got out a spotting scope so they could look for deer, coyotes, cows...whatever happened to be wandering around outside.
The weather was so nice we got the tricycle out to take it for a spin. Nolan tried really hard, but his legs are just too little yet.
And of course there was some cuddle time involved. Nolan rarely sits still so I told mom she better enjoy the opportunity.
We has a really nice week visiting everyone but it was good to get home too. Thanks to all of our families for a wonderful Christmas!
Here are my brothers & I with our Grandma Bowerman.
All the grandkids actually sitting still!
The whole family...what a nice Christmas Eve.
Grandma Bowerman watching over the flurry of activity.
McKayla and Aidyn snuggling up. They spend a lot of their time together holding hands, hugging and just being cute little girls.
The kids helped Aunt Lisa make marshmallow snowman.
Aidyn's Barbie laptop got a good workout on our trip. Here Brett is teaching Aidyn how to compose music.
Both kids got their own suitcase from Grandma & Grandpa. They came in handy immediately and the kids have taken many "trips" with their new luggage. Basically, Aidyn tells Nolan that they are going on a trip, where they are going and what to do. Then he follows along behind her.