Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 4 - Our 10th Anniversary!

Friday was our 10th Anniversary. Fittingly, we spent it at Alcatraz. Just kidding!!! Anyway, it is quite the dreadful place. Nowhere I'd like to spend much time.
I think if my mom were to go there she might actually pass out on the spot. 2 reasons - the confinement (she's claustrophobic) and the birds. There are sooooooo many birds there, some pretty, some disgusting and stinky. Mostly it is the latter.
This cell housed one of the only successful escapees. They dug these holes with stolen spoons and escaped into a utility corridor, out of the prison and off the island. Officially, Alcatraz claimed the men drown in the bay although their bodies were never found. I think they made it...


After our Alcatraz tour we climbed to Coit Tower. 457 steps to get to the top. It provided some pretty views of the city, but nothing 'blog-worthy'.
We then proceeded through Chinatown. A very interesting part of the city. I really liked it, I'm not sure it was Jeff's favorite.

We also made a stop at Grace Cathedral on the top of Nob Hill. What a beautiful place! The stained glass windows are amazing and we both walked the labyrinth inside the cathedral.
After all that walking, we were hungry for a delicious anniversary dinner. We went to a romantic little restaurant called Frascati. We had a delicious meal (I had the duck and Jeff had the scallops) and a lovely bottle of CA wine. It was a great way to celebrate 10 wonderful years together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute couple you two are. I am so glad your trip was all you wanted it to be. Congratulations on 10 years of wedded bliss. I wish you many, many more.

jilldaisbrenne said...

Happy Anniversary! What a really fun trip. Looks likek you did it all in SF!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary to the sweetest couple I know. (OK, I may be biased). Congrats on 10 years. You two make it look easy. I love that you are my brother and sister-in-law. Jeff you are the best, and Kristi you are the greatest sister anyone could have and I consider you mine!
All my love!
Lisa