Monday, June 09, 2008

The trip begins...

When we left last weekend, we headed for ND to help my brother Ty celebrate his upcoming 40th birthday. We stopped in Fargo so Sean could show us his Barbie bike riding abilities.
Then we headed to Bismarck to surprise Ty with a special birthday day for him to enjoy. This basically means he was forced to spend the day with Troy & I. I know, how thrilling.
Kaitlyn handed out fashion advice to the little ones.



After lunch Troy & I took Ty out for a day of adventure. First we stopped at the Harley-Davidson store so my brothers could dream. Then we drove across the bridge 3 times. (Troy was driving and had no idea where he was going...) Finally we got to the go-karts and took a spin around the track.
The funniest part of the go-karts was watching the 3 of us trying to get in and out of the karts. We are not the most flexible or agile group. Luckily, no one broke a hip.
We took in the new Indiana Jones movie and then took Ty out for a very special dinner. As you can tell from the picture, he was all smiles!
It was a very fun day, Ty may have thought it was as boring as could be, but he didn't show it. What a trooper! His actual birthday is coming up on June 19th so there will be more celebrating to come. Happy Birthday Ty, love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am positive that Ty enjoyed his day as did the rest of the group doing their own thing. Thanks for the fun days that were had by all.

Danette said...

Yeah...you're back! I'm glad to see that you are catching up on your blogging rather than the laundry and cleaning and grocery shopping that I know needs to be done!! It's fun to see your family, you seem so close...and I can't wait to see San Francisco!