Friday, October 31, 2008

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

For those of you who have been following my blog for awhile, you'll remember this story. For newcomers, check it out, you'll enjoy it.
Well, today we have a life lesson revisited. Aidyn & Nolan picked up some Halloween coloring contest pictures recently at our local drug store. Aidyn worked on hers diligently until it was just to her liking. Nolan marked on his page a few times and then Aidyn took over and 'helped' him finish. We turned them into the drug store and hoped for the best. Well, they called this morning. Can you see where this is going??
Guess what? Nolan won the coloring contest. AHHHHH!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?! Not wanting to relive the drama of the last contest, I chose to embellish the truth this time.

Me: Guess what kids? The drug store called and they said you both did such a good job on your coloring contest pictures that they have a prize for you to share!
Aidyn: We won?
Me: Yes, WE won!
Both kids: Yippee!!!
Me (in my head): Please don't let me get caught in this embellishment...

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

What are the chances.... I'd take that kid to Vegas!!

Allee said...

I think we entered the same contest... I don't dare tell the kids that Nolan one... so jealous...

Laurel said...

I really thought things like that only happened to me. (And I'm sure when Aidyn is old enought to read this blog, she'll understand completely!!)