Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Girls Weekend!!

This past weekend, myself & 3 friends had a girls weekend getaway. Too say that I had been looking forward to it would be a bit of an understatement. We left Friday morning and hit the outlet mall on our way to the resort. We were....ummmm....Christmas shopping! Yeah, that's it!! After we got checked in, we sampled some wine that we had brought and then headed to a wine tasting at the restaurant we were planning to eat at.
Here we are at dinner on Friday night. Allison, Me, Katie, LoriAfter dinner, we checked out karaoke.

Before we sang, everyone needed a little liquid encouragement.
I guess the encouragement helped as we were soon belting out show stoppers.
In case you're wondering, yes, the karaoke stage also doubled as a dance floor.
We headed to another bar and met some interesting people and were able to stay up until MIDNIGHT!!! I know...just like in college. Here is Allison at the end of the night...
Saturday we spent most of the day at the spa getting rubbed, scrubbed, polished & painted. Ahhhh, so relaxing! We had dinner out, a few drinks and then headed back to our cabin to hang out and chat.
Sunday rolled around and we packed up to head home. I was sad the weekend went so fast, but it was nice to get home to see Jeff & the kids. We had such a fun time, I think it may become an annual event!

4 comments:

Allee said...

It is very obvious that you picked out the pictures for the blog... no pictures of you drinking and dancing... maybe this will be the fuel that gets me to update my blog finally... I had my camera too, you know.

Great weekend!

Danette said...

Sure looks like you guys had fun! I love it when Mom's can get away, actually sit down and eat a meal, have a couple of drinks, and really shake their tail feathers!! And I saw some shakin' going on in those pictures! I didn't know that you could sing Kristi. What songs did you perform? Are there no video clips of the evening??

Anonymous said...

What, what no video?? I believe this calls for one. We would all love to hear the singing. Let's hear it.

Allee said...

Actually - you probably don't want to hear the singing. We said it was FUN - but not FUN to listen to if you didn't have a few drinks in you.