Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day

We had a very fun Mothers Day yesterday at our house. It all started with a party in Aidyn's room to celebrate the day. Aidyn and Jeff made a Mothers Day cake (note how the candles spell 'MOM'). :-) This is what it looks like when a 4 year old boy gets chocolate cake at 10:00 am.
After lunch we headed to one of my favorite places, The Minneapolis Institute of Arts. Aidyn was really excited to go as she has been learning about Monet at school and the MIA has a few Monets in their permanent collection. Well, it turned out the most exciting thing the kids came across was while they were looking out the window someone was walking by with a beagle! Amazing!
Here is Aidyn with a Monet painting.
Not to be out done, Nolan wanted his picture with the 'Smoking Guy'.
After the museum we checked out the park across the street which was just beautiful right now with all the trees in bloom.
Nolan even got to chase a few pigeons. Here he is trying to sneak up on one. Quite funny to watch...
Nolan in the car on the way home...a very exhausted little boy. Side note...we are sitting in the Costco parking lot here. We stopped to get ice cream on the way home and you can't beat getting ice cream for all of us for less than $5...man I love Costco!

Jeff's folks came around dinner time and we all went out to eat. So it was a fabulous day...I had a party, I didn't have to cook, I went to one of my favorite places and I got to spend the day with my sweet kiddos and my awesome husband. It doesn't get much better!

6 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Fun day for a great mom!

Debra said...

Beautiful photo of you and the kids at the park.

Danette said...

Nolan cracks me up!!!!

mom said...

I am wondering what Nolan would of done if he actually caught that pigeon. Glad you had a wonderful day with your wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

The cake looks great. Can I get the recipe for the frosting?

Danette said...

Whose beautifully pedicured toes are those behind Nolan's sugar induced crazy/cute smile? I suggest daily flip flop wearing to show those babies off!!