Sunday, September 13, 2009

What's the fuss all about?

Look at this little beauty. This is the new SweeTango apple that was just released from from the U of M. They have been talking about this apple like crazy lately. They say it may overtake the Honey Crisp as their most popular apple. I'm not sure about that, I haven't done a blind taste test yet...but I will!
Speaking of apples, check out this glorious apple. This is hanging from my Honey Crisp tree.
I love this tree.
Look at what pretty apples she produces. She needs a name. Any suggestions??

Not to be left out is my nice little Zestar tree. Next year will be your year to shine my little friend.

6 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Oh...look at that adorable little tree with all those big apples hanging on it! I think I'd just call her Honey!

Pink Lady is my favorite apple.

Concord Carpenter said...

That's cool. I did not know that they bore fruit when they were that small.

Great looking apples! YUM!!

Danette said...

I'm sorry, but your apple tree kinda reminds me of that sad Charlie Brown Christmas tree with a few giant red balls haning on it. The apples however look delicious!! I like the name Honey or Honey Pie!

Ana said...

If I had known that was a HoneyCrisp tree....mmmmm. How do you like them apples?

Anonymous said...

Too funny...I was thinking the same thing Danette said about Charlie Brown and I was thinking of the name Honey too. Great minds think alike :) Shirley

Troy said...

How did you get those plastic apples to stay attached to the branches long enough to take a picture?

...anyway, nice work. Must have been the planting process that got them on the quick start. Good thing you had your "dad" there to help you.