Saturday, March 15, 2008

Puerto Vallarta

Last weekend we took a quick trip to Mexico with our friends Corey & Ana. We left on Friday and came back on Monday so it was pretty short, but it was a few days of bliss! It was around 80 degrees, clear skies and not a care in the world. Saturday night we went to eat at an awesome rooftop restaurant overlooking the city and the bay. Just as we got into our seats we noticed a whale and her calf playing out in the ocean. They jumped and splashed and had a grand time. It was so awesome to watch them!
We enjoyed a great meal, great company and a beautiful sunset.

Sunday night we enjoyed another great meal at the steakhouse at the hotel. There was no crazy taxi ride home afterwards so it wasn't quite as eventful, but that was OK with us! Ask me about the taxi ride sometime, it was something else! (It still makes me laugh just thinking about it. I'm guessing Ana will be having nightmares for awhile yet.)

We headed home Monday and back to the reality of snow and cold temps, but oh well, we had a little taste of paradise.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

That looks awesome!

I really like your hair! Is that new?

jilldaisbrenne said...

Good for you! What a nice little warm weather escape!

Ann-Marie said...

Hi- just found your blog thru some of your friend's blogs...I live in MN too -come over and say hi sometime on my blog:)PS- I love the Foo Fighters and Puerto Vallarta too!

jilldaisbrenne said...

I get it already... you went to Puerto Vallarta - post a new blog!! :-)

Just kidding. I just check daily and your sunny smiling face in nice warm weather is all I see lately!! Makes me a bit jealous and cranky!

LOL