Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Last day in Duluth

If it had been up to the kids, we would have spent our entire weekend in the hotel pool. We did go swimming each day, but it just wasn't enough.
Before we left on Sunday we visited the Lake Superior Zoo. We got there in time to watch them feed the bears. They were fed apples and sea-weed. Who knew bears liked sea-weed??
Here is Nolan with a picture of some of his relatives.
Aidyn was intrigued with this snake and got to pet it several times. I had shivers just watching her.

They had also just fed the lions when we got to them. It was some sort of raw meat popsicle. It looked disgusting but I guess if I was a lion it would probably look pretty good, especially when it's 85 degrees out.

We had a nice time at the zoo and had some tired kiddos on the way home. We had lots of fun in Duluth, it is a beautiful city. Even the kids commented on how pretty it is there. They said they wished their grandparents lived there so we could go there to visit more often. Even without grandparents there, we will definitely be going back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a good time. Brought back some good memories!!

Danette said...

I Love Duluth and Lake Superior! What fun! You took some super cute pictures too. But, I must say...aren't you exhausted from your Summer?!? Seriously, I am pooped just reading about all of your adventures! I can't help but think about all of the packing and unpacking and driving and laundry and list making..because I just know there must have been several lists involved to accomplish everything you have done this Summer. (Or maybe just an amazing and organized memory!!) You ARE Super Mom On-The-Go!!!

Laurel said...

Wow- you guys have been busy!!! I haven't checked your blog for a while (or mine, for that matter!). Great Pictures -- looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

Meat Popsicles sound nummy!! Any meat on a stick is good, I like mine battered and fried though.. I've been to Duluth!