Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Steak Marinade from Heaven

I love a good grilled steak but I'm always looking for a yummy marinade or sauce to use with them. I actually love A1 sauce, but I like to try to make my own. And I almost always make mushrooms and onions in a sauce to go with our steak. Tonight, I grilled t-bone steak and I was actually disappointed that I had made the mushrooms to go with because this steak was so darn good on its own, I felt bad for the 'shrooms. I got this recipe from allrecipes.com and here is the link to the original recipe. Recipe Here
But below is my adjusted recipe and let me tell you what, it is DELICIOUS! I mixed up this marinade this morning and put the steaks in so they bathed for about 8 hours before I grilled them. You must try it, your mouth will be so happy you did!


OMG Steak Marinade

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 large clove crushed garlic
a few good splashes hot pepper sauce
a few good splashes A1 sauce
a few good splashes lime juice
Mix together and slather your chunks 'o beef in this goodness. Marinade, grill, eat and pass out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to having it at your place next time we're there. I like mushrooms just slightly simmered in a red wine sauce. My steaks medium well to well done and a nice selection of mixed veggies. For dessert I like anything but a rank pineapple upside down cake.

Signed...anonymous

KJ said...

Your preferences are noted dear brother.

Danette said...

I just made my dinner menu for Saturday night! Sounds awesome!! I LOVE a good marinade. I can't get your desciption of the bathing meat out of my head though. It's sort of disturbing!

Sweeney said...

"OMG" "Slather" "Chunks-o-meat" "pass out"

Several things I never thought I'd see in a recipe.

Next time I show up on your doorstep make sure mine is ready.

Danette said...

We had T-bone's tonight that had "bathed" in the formentioned marinade all day long. OMG...TDF!!!! They were awesome...thanks KJ for the great recipe. But the true test of this marinade would be to make the sirloin taste like the t-bone.