Thursday, September 04, 2008

And so it begins...

It is a big day at our house. Actually, a HUGE day! Aidyn started Kindergarten and Nolan started Preschool! I will soon be starting therapy for my impending mental breakdown. Both kids were beside themselves with excitement this morning.
Here is my little Kindergartner...
Waiting in the driveway for the school bus.
Here's our preschool star. He informed me yesterday that at Preschool he will be a 'genius'! Sounds like a good goal to me.
I asked Nolan if I could take a picture of him in front of his cubby. He agreed as long as he could be inside the cubby. Whatever works.

Both kids we very happy at the end of their school day, which is a good sign. Aidyn's looking forward to tomorrow so she can ride the bus again (that seems to be the biggest thrill...funny how that same bus ride is the one thing that made her mother breakdown this morning.) I guess it's all perspective.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i remember when aidyn was just starting to walk now both of them are in school

Danette said...

I feel for you Kristi, it's just NOT right that they have to grow up and go to school! Hope the mental breakdown is treating you with kindness! To end my comment on a positive note...How lucky you are to have children who are excited to go to school and learn!! (Did that help at all???...I didn't really think it would!!!)

Anonymous said...

How exciting for the kids to start this new adventure. It is such a thrill to see them all excited about each new activity that comes up. As days go on you will adjust Kristi. In time you will relish the quietness. I am excited for the kids. You can always call me and cry on the phone. I will be sympathetic and a good listener.

jilldaisbrenne said...

How fun... looks like they are loving school. You might have to remind them of their level of excitment they once had for school in another 10-12 years!!