Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Valentines Tribute to my Husband

There are many reasons I love my husband but the following story helps to sum up one of the main ones.
Tuesday night was the final night of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. It was all over the internet that day that a beagle was a serious contender for Best in Show. A beagle had never won Best in Show at Westminster so this would be quite a feat. Jeff, who loves his beagle as much as someone can love their dog, was glued to the TV that night. As the group winners entered the ring, Uno, the 15 inch beagle, was greeted with HUGE cheers from the people in the arena. He was clearly the crowd favorite. Jeff immediately called Bailey over to sit with him so they could watch together. After much deliberation from the judge, he picked up the Best in Show ribbon and said "Can I have the beagle?" The crowd erupted, Uno the beagle started barking and I looked over at my husband...He was sitting in his recliner, with his beagle in his lap, tears streaming down his face.
That is one of the reasons I love my husband. He is sweet beyond words and he wears his heart on his sleeve. He's not afraid to show emotion and be affectionate, especially with our kids and I. What a great role model for Aidyn & Nolan.

Thanks for everything you do Jeff, I love you today and everyday. Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

You are a sweet guy Jeff!

And hurray for the entire Beagle population everywhere - its about time you were taken seriously!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think I puked in my mouth a little bit.....So much for Man Weekend!

The Tamarac Naturalists said...

I always knew Jeff would be a "keeper"!

Sweeney said...

Wow...mentally filing this away for the right moment after 2 beers.