Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kitchen Update

We are in the process of updating our kitchen. We recently got new appliances (love them!), put up new lights and put on cabinet hardware. The final phase of this project is counter tops and backsplash. In order to put in the new stuff, the old stuff had to go.
Here is the kitchen with the old counter tops & backsplash. See those little fruit lurking on my backsplash? They are about to meet their demise. We took out the backsplash ourselves. A hammer, a chisel and a bit of swearing and the tile was out. (Also, the drywall behind it came out a bit too.)
Here is the kitchen with the tile 'taken' out. See that big hole in the back corner? That was the last piece to come out at 10:30pm Monday night. I felt as though I was done.

The guys came this morning to install the counter tops. First they ripped off the old ones and cut out all the sheetrock so they could put in new stuff.

BUT, they were able to salvage some of the sheetrock. See those 3 squares in the upper left? Yep, no replacement needed there. I wanted to put this picture up so my dad could see my handy work. Aren't you proud dad?

Here is the kitchen with the new tops. Don't they look awesome?!!? They will be coming back over the next couple days to finish the sheetrock and put up the new tile. I will post more pictures as things progress.

P.S. Please ignore that darn dishwasher. My new one STILL isn't in, but don't get me started on this topic...

4 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

That looks awesome!! Well done. What a great looking kitchen, very modern.

And you never cease to amaze me with your handy work!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!I Love the countertops!!I just want to put my hands all over them...feel them up and down!!Can't wait to see the kitchen when it's finished. DLO

Anonymous said...

You know if you were as "earth friendly" as I am you wouldn't need the new dishwasher!!!! Kitchen is really starting to come around....looks good.

Cody

Sweeney said...

I miss the old tile already. When I lived in the cities, sometimes I would come over just to gaze upon it's awesomeness.