Thursday, July 17, 2008

Story for the day

This week we are spending time visiting my parents. Yesterday, my mom was making garlic bread for lunch.
Aidyn said "I love garlic bread, I could eat that whole thing!"
Mom told her "You wouldn't want to do that. That would make you fat."
Very seriously and very innocently Aidyn asked "Was that what Grandpa was eating when he got fat?"

Mom and I about split a gut laughing! And of course we had to tell dad about it (several times!) He just laughed too.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL! Out of the mouths of children!

Danette said...

You know how certain stories will just stick with you? Well, for me, this is one of those stories. I will laugh everytime I think about it! That's some good stuff!! (Oh, and I think I'm going to try and lay of the garlic bread, for a while anyway!) Hope you're all having a fun time!

Danette said...

...lay OFF of the garlic bread... I'm sure there was really no need for me to clarify but I thought I would anyway. That's I suppose why one should preview the comment prior to publishing!

jilldaisbrenne said...

That's too funny!! You have to love their honesty!!